I just wanted to let everyone know we survived the holidays. Nobody consumed a lethal amount of food or went in to sugar shock, nobody had a heart attack at the arrival of Santa or during the present ceremony, and most importantly, nobody froze to death. And that in itself really is a miracle because the weather gods forgot about us mortals before they went on vacation and left the temprature at a very cold and uncomfortable level. At least I think 6°F is cold and uncomfortable. Especially when you know you have to go ice skating because your daughter has been asking for days to go, and you don't have anything warm to wear on the lower part of your body.
So, yesterday it was back to work for me. And just to make it even harder to get out of a nice, warm bed, the thermostat showed -17°C, which is about 1°F. It was so cold I thought the few brain cells I have left after having 2 kids would freeze. It should be illegal to go outside when it's that cold. What was even more shocking was when I saw a lady jogging! "What are these Norwegians made of?" I asked myself and once again questioned my own nationality as I know for a fact that I am not made of the same material.
1 comment:
I've been wondering about your secret present to Linc! hurry up and share already! :)
I loved the cartoon at the bottom. You've still got your quick wit, glad to see that!
Amy Curtis is in town (she moved to the Boston area to attend school) and I'm having dinner with her next week. Do you want me to give her a message from you?
Glad you survived the holidays! We are still trying to decide it we survived. Everyone in my house is sick except me. Good times. :)
Post a Comment