Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The fashion police has spoken

I'm in no way, shape or form a credible member of the fashion police. I will admit that I like cute clothes, but I never really have a clue about what's hot in the fashion industry.

And here is a big HOWEVER....... There are some fashion styles that I don't care much for. Before I elaborate, I would like to point out that I don't wish to offend anyone. You are allowed to disagree with my dislikes and I will not hold it against you. I will just laugh at you if I catch you wearing any of these.

First of all, I never understood the hype about crocs. I just don't get it. The only people that can wear crocs and still look cute, are kids. But, for some reason, crocs on big people makes me think about hobbits. It must be the rubbery material or something, I don't know.


I also don't care much for potato sack tunics. Know what I mean? Those HUGE looking things that just hang straight down and make you look 20 lbs bigger? (I don't need to look 20 lbs bigger, thank you very much!) I'm all for clothes that make you look smaller. (And by that I don't mean tiny clothes.....)


Then there's the issue of pink shirts on guys. I'm just not a fan. I guess there's technically nothing wrong with it, I just don't find it very manly. Kind of like guys wearing capris pants. Not my cup of tea.


Here's a fashion statement that just completely CRACKS ME UP: The combination of jeans and rubber bands around the ankles. What's up with this? I guess I'm getting old and just don't understand the cooleness of it. I just think it's hideous!

In closure, just a few tips: Please don't wear white socks with black shoes. And please, please, PLEASE don't wear socks at all with open toed sandals! I don't care if archaeologists have uncovered evidence that strongly suggests that manly Roman soldiers wore socks with open-toed sandals.

4 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

All I am going to say is "AMEN"!

Nina said...

I totally agree with you!

shayla said...

...but my hubby looks great in pink shirts! (see my last post)...no, he's not a ninny or a sissy for the record--but I think you're dead-on with the other things so you can silently laugh or be annoyed at my hubby's pink-shirted pictures.

Julie K said...

Oh Tonje, you always crack me up. Reading this I laughed out loud about socks/sandals/crocs. I agree. Kirsten always makes fun of my fashion (non)sense, but at least I don't do any of these things.